Việc nắm vững kiến thức về các thì trong tiếng Anh và đặc biệt là thì quá khứ hoàn thành là điều kiện tiên quyết nếu các bạn muốn học tốt tiếng anh.
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành được dùng để diễn tả một hành động xảy ra trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ.
- Hành động nào xảy ra trước thì dùng thì quá khứ hoàn thành.
- Hành động xảy ra sau thì dùng thì quá khứ đơn.
Sau đây là một số bài tập giúp các bạn hiểu rõ hơn về thì quá khứ hoàn thành
I. Hoàn thành câu với dạng đúng của động từ
- When Hoa arrived at the theater, the film ____________(start).
- He ____________ (live) in Laos before He went to Vietnam.
- After Lan ____________ (eat) the cake, Lan began to feel sick.
- If he ____________ (listen) to me, he would have got the job.
- Linh didn’t arrive until I ____________ (leave).
- After they ____________ (finish) lunch, they went out.
- The tree was dead because it ____________ (be) arid all summer.
- I ____________ (meet) him somewhere before.
- They were late for the flight because they ____________ (forget) their passports.
- Linh told me she ____________ (study) a lot before the exam.
- The leaf was yellow because it ____________ (not/rain) all summer.
- The lamp went off because I ____________ (not/pay) the electricity bill.
- Hoa____________ (not/do) her homework, so she was in trouble.
- She ____________ (not/eat) so we went to a restaurant.
- I couldn’t go into the cinema because I ____________ (not/bring) my tickets.
- He said that He ____________ (not/visit) the US before.
- Hoa and Lan ____________ (not/meet) before the exam.
- I ____________ (not/have) lunch when she arrived.
- She ____________ (not/use) smartphone before, so I showed her how to use it.
- Linh ____________ (not/study) for the exam, so she was very anxious.
II. Hoàn thành câu
- The tornado destroyed the tent that we (build) ____________.
- She (not / be) ____________ to Hanoi before 2018.
- When he went out to play, he (do / already) ____________ his homework.
- My sister ate all of the cake that our mum (make) ____________ .
- The nurse took off the plaster that she (put on) ____________ six weeks before.
- The waitress brought a drink that I (not / order) ____________ .
- I could not remember the song we (learn) ____________ three week before.
- The children collected mangos that (fall) ____________ from the tree.
- (she / phone) ____________ Nam before she went to see him in Laos?
- He (not / ride) ____________ a elephants before that day.
III. Sắp xếp các câu sau và chia động từ (nếu có)
- When/her/in/,/he/had/join/Linh/best friend/Bangkok/the/Ever/meet.
- Cuong/this/before/last night/had/text/he/went/translate/out.
- They/before/had/to/the meeting/speak/her.
- I/that/hadn’t/see/before/was/the man/sure/I.
IV. Tìm và sửa lỗi sai trong câu sau (nếu có)
- I had finished lunch before my parents come.
- By the time I had found the key, I hadn’t got into the house.
- Up until that moment, my younger sister never believed in love.
- Sunny ate dinner so she wasn’t hungry.
- When Bob graduated in university, he was in New York for 5 years.
- She wishes her friends didn’t go to bed so early.
- My boyfriend didn’t meet me when I arrived.
- had started
- had lived
- had eaten
- had listened
- had left
- had finished
- had been
- had met
- had forgotten
- had studied
- hadn’t rained
- hadn’t paid
- hadn’t done
- hadn’t eaten
- hadn’t brought
- hadn’t visited
- hadn’t met
- hadn’t had
- hadn’t used
- hadn’t studied
- had built
- had not been
- had already done
- had made
- had put on
- had not ordered
- had learned
- had fallen
- had she phoned
- had not ridden
- The light had turned off before they got out of the office.
- By the time I began my work, she had left quickly.
- After my father finished his work, we came back home.
- Before my brother went to bed, he had read an interesting novel.
- When Linh met her best friend in Bangkok, he had joined the Ever.
- Cuong had translated this text before he went out last night.
- Had Hung used your email before he met you?
- When my parents arrived, I hadn’t had lunch.
- They had spoken to her before the meeting.
- I was sure that I hadn’t seen the man before.
- come ➔ came
- had found ➔ found
- never believed ➔ had never believed
- ate ➔ had eaten
- was ➔ had been
- didn’t go ➔ hadn’t gone
- didn’t meet ➔ hadn’t met
Với những bài tập mà hoctoeic990 chia sẻ trên đây hy vọng đã giúp ích cho các bạn trong quá trình ôn tập. Chúc các bạn học tốt!
Các bạn có thể tìm hiểu thêm về các thì trong tiếng anh khác tại đây nhé: https://mshoagiaotiep.com/tieng-anh-giao-tiep/bi-quyet-ghi-nho-cac-thi-trong-tieng-anh-nd497670.html